Saturday, June 13, 2009

Decisions, Decisions.







In 6 months the lease on my current BMW 328xi expires and I have to get a new car. I don't think I will lease again and am considering buying a Certified Preowned car. I have narrowed down my search to 3 choices. Those choices are the BMW X5, BMW 528xi or a Cadillac Escalade. The only other car I would consider would be the Porsche Cayenne. However I am very fearful of the maintenance costs of that one. I welcome everybody's opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. I picture you all tough and manly in an Escalade!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the Escalade ! My preference is the Maroon color with Charcoal interior : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get the Escalade I will get it in black with a dark interior. But I am still leaning very strongly to the X5. My color preferences in order are silver, black and white with dark colored interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. X5 .. go with X5 .. you don't really want an escalade ... bad choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank,
    I would picture you on the X5...
    Just do it!!!

    -Platana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea Frank I've had black cars here in Florida and they are way too hot : ( Even though the Caddy has heated and cooled seats : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frank, many things to consider here. First of all, do you want a sedan or an SUV?

    These are two totally different types of vehicles.

    Also, if you are purchasing as opposed to leasing, think of the resale value. I believe the BMW will hold it's resale value better than a Cadillac.

    And thirdly, a car is only as good as the company that stands behind it. Check out who has the best warranty and what is and is not covered.

    Another thing to consider after making the purchase is aftermarket shocks, tires and rims.

    Nothing effects the quality of a car more than these items, and upgrading at least the shocks and tires will prolong the life of the vehicle and make for a more comfortable ride.

    Just my two cents!!!

    ReplyDelete