Monday, August 3, 2009

Felicidades Melky!



Congratulations to Yankees outfielder Melky Cabrera on hitting for the cycle yesterday in Chicago. For those of you who don't know what that means, hitting for the cycle is when a batter hits a single, a double, a triple and a home run. This is very hard to do and is a rare occurrence in baseball. The last Yankee to accomplish this was Tony Fernandez, another Dominicano, back in 1995. Does anybody now doubt that Dominicans are the best baseball players on the planet? Once again, felicidades Melky. Dale Melky, dale fuerza.

Next week brings a change to my work schedule which will allow me to get back to the gym on a much more regular and frequent basis. I will be there bright and early, 5 am, when the gym opens. Going at that time is great. It's a little tough getting up at 4:30, but you get used to it. No need to hit the gym at night when it's super crowded. The other great benefit to going at that time is it allows me to set up my diet and properly to achieve my goals through out the day. My goals to accomplish by 9/10 are to slash my bodyfat by 30%, get my bench press back to where it was before I had some issues with my left shoulder, and add a little muscle to my weak spots like much upper chest and arms.

Thanks for stopping by and reading. See you guys again real soon. Until then stay strong, stay fit, and lets go Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment