Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Dominican Republic. A Beautiful Place.








Hey folks, how is everyone? I know it has been a while. Last week I was back "home" in Santiago, Dominican Republic. That was my 24th trip in the last 4 and a half years. Think I like the place? There is no other place in the world like it. It's such a beautiful country. One of the first things you notice as you fly in, is how green everything is. Trees and plants everywhere.

Spending time in Santiago is really not like being on vacation at all. I have many good friends who live there, both Dominican and expats. For those who don't know, an expat is somebody from one country who now lives in another country. My life is totally normal there. I visit friends' homes, go to the movies, and just relax in the apartment I rent.

I encourage everyone to visit this wonderful place. But if you do, please get out of the all-inclusive resorts. They are la la land and no more representative of the Dominican Republic than Disneyworld is of the US.

Enjoy the fotos of DR I have posted.

2 comments:

  1. Frank nice pics!!! I do love the wonderful view of the Cibao when flying into Santiago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank
    I am interedted in going to one of the meet an greet for the ladies given by Diego..But how do you know that these ladies are genuine?..I am looking for someone to settle with in my life, an the ladies in DR are GORGEOUS..But I keep thinking that these ladies will want a divorce after you've been married for sometime..Then I will think it was all about them gettign a green card for permanent citizenship..so Frank, hel put my mind at ease with this..troy.taylor65@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete